Re: Saving Backup Errros inside the db

From: Grant Allen <gxallen_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2005-12-28 08:34:01

BN wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I would like to save the following RMAN error messages inside a table
> along with the timestamp
>
> RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS

[snip]

> Can somebody suggest me how I can do this. I want to save the new
> lines, as they appear in the error message.
>
> Am I looking at a CLOB or do I have other options.

BN - others are already suggesting the post-backup shell script, but you do have options other than CLOB. You can save the new lines with some easy regex work and the ever-useful chr(10) or chr(13)||chr(10) trick (depending on your OS). This means you can opt for char or varchar2, which you might find *much* easier to use in the long run.

Ciao
Fuzzy
:-)