Re: why does a higher cost run faster?

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:12:35 -0700

Regarding the sys stats, you are mistaking system statistics (dbms_stats.gather_system_stats) with object statistics on sys objects (dbms_stats.gather_schema_stats('SYS',...). Two completely different things.

The organization_id doesn't appear to be skewed enough to explain the difference. I'd be curious about a few things: a) the table, index, and column statistics of the table. b) the actual row counts of the execution plan (from v$sql_plan_statistics or tkprof from a sql_trace). c) How you gathered the statistics. Since this is an Oracle apps I presume you (need to) use the fnd. package. Doe it select its own sampling rate, or can you set/override that?

--
Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation