Re: Error creating listener on new RAC node

From: <brian.x.wisniewski_at_jpmchase.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 10:01:09 -0500

To get back to your original issue about srvctl - have you tried

srvctl config listener -n nodename

srvctl stop listener -n nodename

What are your msgs from those commands?

Brian S. Wisniewski

Sr. Oracle Database Administrator
Cell: 614.975.2905
Central Technology Infrastructure & Operations brian.x.wisniewski_at_jpmchase.com

Jason Heinrich <jheinrich_at_pcci.edu>
12/02/2005 09:14 AM
Please respond to jheinrich

        To: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>, Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>

        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Error creating listener on new RAC node

This happens even when I don't have a listener.ora file. I checked the permissions on the network\admin folder, and the Oracle software owner (who
I am logged in as) has full control.

On 12/1/2005 6:29 PM, Pete Sharman wrote:

> Havenšt seen that one before but it looks like either the listener.ora
is
> malformed or some form of permission problem. Try copying a known good
> listener.ora file into $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin as the DB kernel owner
and
> see what happens.

Jason Heinrich
Oracle Database Administrator