Re: Easy RMAN question

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 08:01:24 -0800

Vanessa A. Simmons wrote:
> I apologize if this question is too simplistic, but I would appreciate
> any help you can give. I just restored a database to a point in time
> (11/8/05) in order to look at the data. [...]
>
> I now want to roll the database forward another day or two to look at
> the data again. [...]

Depending on exactly what you want to look at, it might be easier to just use Log Miner to find specific transactions in the archived redo logs, rather than reconstructing the entire database.

In version 9i, a GUI interface is available: "oemapp lmviewer".

The only other way I know of to open (read-only) a database and then continue applying redo is a physical standby.

--
Mark Bole
http://www.bincomputing.com