Re: "Oracle Streams" by Madhu Tumma

From: Mindaugas Navickas <mnavickas_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 12:43:15 -0500 (EST)

Are you here talking about the same person?

Burleson Logic Bomb Case

In September 1987, Donald Burleson, a 40-year-old programmer at the Fort Worth based insurance company, USPA, was fired for allegedly being quarrelsome and difficult to work with. Two days later, approximately 168,000 vital records erased themselves from the company computers. A logic bomb had gone off, wreaking havoc with the files that were the lifeblood of USPA! Burleson was caught after investigators went back through several years worth of system files. They found that two years before he was fired Burleson had planted a logic bomb which lay dormant until he triggered it on the day of his dismissal. He became the first person in America to be convicted of "harmful access to a computer.''

This is from http://www.securitywebsites.com/Spectria-MalaciousCode101.htm

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0974599352/103-0891699-0877465?v=glance&n=283155&n=507846&s=books&v=glance