Re: "Oracle Streams" by Madhu Tumma

From: Ranko Mosic <ranko.mosic_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:01:49 -0500

Way certain publisher operates is:
- they are open to new, unproven authors, unlike other publishers ( to their credit )

- they even provide some help ( credit again)
- they really try to come up with good new book
- nothing gets done & there is no quality control; there is no software
available and
people are advised to get anything out ("even if there is no software available"; 'do you know how many books I wrote without having software' - certain editor)
- then there is time crunch and junk is produced - it is all numbers game; the only good thing about book is title and toc; somebody will not check carefully ( more difficult now with Internet since quite often you can't just go to the bookstore and browse ) and buy it ( I did three times so far)
- they use very strong marketing; they are all over the Internet; titles and big words are flashing ( no wonder, certain editor is Psychology and Business major, which also reflects on quality of his technical work ) - I think it is all legal since there are no laws against Oracle books dollar store shops
 rm