Re: Death of the database

From: david wendelken <davewendelken_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 11:35:17 -0400 (EDT)

>I guess I see it differently – or I see a compromise position.

>For some industry, this might make perfect sense.  The supermarket inventory would work out just fine. > Think of robot RFID readers that somehow travel down the aisles taking inventory.

 Let's see, we know the iterms are supposed to be there because, well, there they are.

 Hmmm.  That would make the inverse true also.  If they aren't there, they aren't supposed to be there.

Or, more accurately, I don't know anything about them, so it pretty much amounts to the same thing.

 Sure would make "walking off" with inventory hard to track.

 When it comes to Gartner Group predictions, always remember that "even a stopped clock is right once or twice a day" - and that's about the accuracy rating I give them.

-- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Oct 24 2005 - 10:37:26 CDT