Re: Death of the database

From: Richard Ji <richard.c.ji_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 11:14:33 -0400

Data is just that, DATA. With or without RFID, there are data everywhere, so what? How can you turn data into useful information for a business? At some point in business, these data must be collected into a source where useful information can be produced. And with the intruduction of RFID, we are only going to get more data. So I see quite the opposite, it will be a boom of the database. Now I do agree that DBAs need to reinvent itself. I ask my DBAs to get out of the just an administrator role. I ask them to participate in business process, to make recommandations etc.

My .02.

Richard Ji