Re: DATAFILE??

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_allegientsystems.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 05:24:05 -0400

computer centre wrote:

>Hi TO ALL
>
>I have a doubt.

That is natural. Each and every one of us has some douts.

>Plz do reply.

That is exactly what I'm doing. I have a hunch that you may not like this reply.

>We have an Oracle 10g R1 db running here.
>we have 5 datafiles of 2 gb each. Now we use Oracle Forms as front end.
>Now as the daily transactions carry on i want to know how the data is stored
>in the database?

That is what Oracle literature is for. I don't want to keep from the quest to find out
without bidding you farewell with a RTFM.

It's done according to Shelleen's plan. As in Kid Shelleen. You can find everything about Kid Shelleen and Cat Ballou at http://www.google.com and http://www.imdb.com

>Is there any query r method to find out in which datafile the data is
>stored.

There is. The method is called "reading".

>All the files r online. ???

That's an easy thing to fix.

>Plz do reply

I just did. What do you think that this list is? An online manual? That is on another location:
http://tahiti.oracle.com. When a beeper awakes me in the wee hours of the night, this
is not the type of messsage I want to see.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA