RE: Disaster recovery question

From: Reidy, Ron <Ron.Reidy_at_arraybiopharma.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 11:43:11 -0600

Can't you push through a ssh tunnel?

-----Original Message-----

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Sandeep Dubey Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 11:22 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Disaster recovery question

Hi,

I have to implement DR solution from primary database A to secondary database B, both on Linux and Oracle 9.2.

The primary database A is out of the firewall and archive logs can not be pushed to server B holding secondary database because of security issues. In such scenario I understand that I cann't implement Data gaurd. Or is there a way to use data gaurd when the primary database is out of the firewall?

Other option I am thinking is to pull the archive logs from primary and apply to secondary. Are there any issues, points to take care of with such implementation?

Thanks

Sandeep

This electronic message transmission is a PRIVATE communication which contains information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by telephone (877-633-2436, ext. 0), and then delete it from your system.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Oct 17 2005 - 12:45:22 CDT