Disaster recovery question

From: Sandeep Dubey <dubey.sandeep_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:22:05 -0400

Hi,

I have to implement DR solution from primary database A to secondary database B, both on Linux and Oracle 9.2.

The primary database A is out of the firewall and archive logs can not be pushed to server B holding secondary database because of security issues. In such scenario I understand that I cann't implement Data gaurd. Or is there a way to use data gaurd when the primary database is out of the firewall?

Other option I am thinking is to pull the archive logs from primary and apply to secondary. Are there any issues, points to take care of with such implementation?

Thanks

Sandeep