RE: Audit

From: Reidy, Ron <Ron.Reidy_at_arraybiopharma.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:19:16 -0600

Comments and questions below ...
-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Chirag DBA Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 9:49 AM To: Oracle-L Freelists
Subject: Audit

Hi ,

I am trying to do auditing on the DB for the first time.

I want to find couple of things but no luck.

Column STATEMENT on AUD$, didn give me the meaningful value, where can I find the table for all the listings.
I am finding the meaningful values in DBA_AUDIT_TRAIL view. You should be querying against the %AUDIT% views anyway. Not really sure what you are trying to look at using the STATEMENT column.

When I do AUDIT DELETE ANY TABLE BY SCOTT; and deleting records from the table,
I am getting values as follows.
SCOTT SESSION REC 29.09.2005 11:42:24 0 TEMP 208
What columns are you displaying here and from which view?

But I wanna see that deletion occured , I mean anything like ROWS DELETED or like that, possible?
Cause if I enable insert,update,delete all three, how will be I differentiate this value SESSION REC?
But you know that a delete occurred by looking at substr(session_rec, 4, 1) in conjunction with owner and object_name from dba_audit_trail.

Perhaps a read of the docs is in order?

Regards - Chirag

This electronic message transmission is a PRIVATE communication which contains information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by telephone (877-633-2436, ext. 0), and then delete it from your system.