RE: Solid State Disks for Databases

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_allegientsystems.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:56:40 -0400

Actually, once upon a time in Lubljana Slovenia, I benchmarked a system called Wyse 6000 against SGI Indigo2.

Another member of this list was playing for the competition. I did put redo log files on a RAM-disk and it did make

a lot of difference, but it has happened a long, long time ago (RDBMS 6.0.36) in a galaxy far, far away.

The other guy may have something to add to this account.

--

Mladen Gogala

Ext. 121

  _____