RE: Windows _ Linux

From: Howard Latham <howard.latham_at_rsmb.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 11:06:34 +0100

I have just transported - AT LAST from windows 32 bit to linux 32bit. A 250 gig database.
One file was missing and an RMAN restore of if file was ok for the Linux box.

Howard A. Latham

Tech Services Director UK Oracle User Group.

SENIOR DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
RSMB Television Research Ltd,
The Communications Building,
48 Leicester Square,
London. WC2H 7LT

Tel: +44 (0)20 7808 3619
SW:  +44 (0)20 7808 3600
Fax: +44 (0)20 7839 7446

mailto:Howard.latham_at_rsmb.co.uk

http://www.rsmb.co.uk <http://www.rsmb.co.uk/>

Email Disclaimer

This email has been sent from RSMB TV Research , a UK limited liability company. The information in
this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of DBA Deepak Sent: vrijdag 23 september 2005 6:12
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Windows _ Linux

Hi All,

I am new to Linux+Oracle. I would like to know a few things...

1> Can we import from the export dump taken from a Windows DB to Linux based Oracle DB? Are there any considerations for this?

2> Can we restore a cold backup of a Windows based Oracle DB to a Linux based Oracle DB?

Please help ....

--

Regards,

Deepak