RE: Windows _ Linux

From: <Marco.Gralike_at_AMIS.nl>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:04:56 +0200

1> yes, no

2> no (different filesystem clusters) - Seems to be nowadays it is possible using latest features (10g R2?, transportable tablespaces, datapump)

--> more info (as always http://otn.oracle.com , google)

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of DBA Deepak Sent: vrijdag 23 september 2005 6:12
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Windows _ Linux

Hi All,

I am new to Linux+Oracle. I would like to know a few things...

1> Can we import from the export dump taken from a Windows DB to Linux based Oracle DB? Are there any considerations for this?

2> Can we restore a cold backup of a Windows based Oracle DB to a Linux based Oracle DB?

Please help ....

--

Regards,

Deepak