Re: So what seminar do you go to??

From: Terry Sutton <terrysutton_at_usa.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 17:20:11 -0700

OOW is a waste of time (and $). There are a few good presentations there, but it's mostly Oracle sales stuff, and now with PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, and Oracle Apps added, it's worse than ever (36,000 people this week). IOUG is much better. RMOUG is close to as good as IOUG (and much cheaper). And Hotsos is far and away the best Oracle conference on this continent. The only downside of Hotsos is it's performance-centric. If you're interested in non-performance-related learning, you may be disappointed. Also, your head can hurt at the end of the day from learning so much.

--Terry

  Hi,

  There are a handfull of Oracle seminars that are offered and as I can only go to one of them I thoulght I'd pause the question to you guys?? (By you I refer to DBA's)

  If you could only attend one seminar, which will it be. Hotsos, OOW, IOUG or other??

  TIA   Yuval.

  This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you, oracle-l_at_freelists.org, are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. [clavin.webloyalty.com]

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Sep 21 2005 - 19:23:24 CDT