RE: VERY URGENT

From: Marquez, Chris <cmarquez_at_collegeboard.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 12:11:45 -0400

Yeah I almost never even look at "VERY URGENT" or "HELP ASAP", etc. posts unless they also include *meaningful* subject information. I only looked at this one because Jared replied.

I wonder if this is really urgent, or poor time management when installing an new version of oracle on a new OS? Maybe I'm slow, but I almost never plan to put the disk in and (on Linux/Unix) and 60 minutes later have a new DB running...there are almost always "gotchas" (although 10g was the best RHEL3ES Linux install ever for me...it just worked.)

Finally I bet there is a 99% chance a TAR is not even needed and that Google and Metalink have published help on this.

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA