Re: Where does STATSPACK save its reports generated with spreport

From: Paul Drake <>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 18:00:57 -0400

On 9/9/05, Larry Kelly <> wrote:
> Thanks for all the clues. Here is what I found out.
> This instance of Oracle is on Window 2003 server. Remote access is via a
> terminal server, with load balancing. The statspack report files were saved
> to the default directory, which in this case was 'My Documents', for the
> current user. The files are physically stored on whichever terminal server
> the TS manager routed my user account to for that session. So my reports
> were scattered over several TS servers. To make matters worse, the SA
> assigned me a different login and profile, ( for reasond I won't bore you
> with here :)). Consequently, all my previously generated reports disappeared
> and wouldn't show up when I did a 'Search' of the harddrive. Makes you long
> for the good 'o' days, when all you had was a shell account into a 'nix'
> box. Niall's comment about being able to specify a path with the alternative
> file name helped me verify that the reports were actually being generated.
> On 9/8/05, Larry Kelly <> wrote:
> >

> > What does spreport.sql save the statspack report? I cannot find it
> > anywhere??
> > Statspack is installed on my Oracle 8i system. After creating a few
> > snapshots, I ran spreport from sqlplus*. After it conpleted, a search for
> > the report filename returned nothing. Any help here would be greatly
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks, again.
> > --
> > Best Regards,
> > -Larry
> > "Work, work, work...there is no satisfactory alternative."
> > --- E.Taft Benson

I have some good news for you.
Someone did a quick writeup of the tweaks necessary to get Cygwin OpenSSH running on w2k3 server as a service. It was a slam dunk to get working on w2k server - but the default security policy for w2k3 server resulted in a few changes being required for the service to accept connections successfully (Fanfare!).

So get the SA to install Cygwin, fire up the sshd and your favorite ssh client and login like its a *nix box.