Re: Where does STATSPACK save its reports generated with spreport

From: Larry Kelly <ldk2005_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 14:17:52 -0700

Thanks for all the clues. Here is what I found out.

This instance of Oracle is on Window 2003 server. Remote access is via a terminal server, with load balancing. The statspack report files were saved to the default directory, which in this case was 'My Documents', for the current user. The files are physically stored on whichever terminal server the TS manager routed my user account to for that session. So my reports were scattered over several TS servers. To make matters worse, the SA assigned me a different login and profile, ( for reasond I won't bore you with here :)). Consequently, all my previously generated reports disappeared and wouldn't show up when I did a 'Search' of the harddrive. Makes you long for the good 'o' days, when all you had was a shell account into a 'nix' box. Niall's comment about being able to specify a path with the alternative file name helped me verify that the reports were actually being generated.