Re: Reduce the size of undo and Index tbs?

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 13:32:25 -0700

You first need to understand what REDO is.

These 2 links will help:

http://oraclesvca2.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14220/intro.htm#sthref35 http://oraclesvca2.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14220/memory.htm#sthref1310

You should also invest in a beginners book for DBA's.

Oracle9i DBA 101 is highly recommended:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0072224746/qid=1126297761

You should also get a good book on Shell.

My personal favorite is the venerable Kochan and Wood: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/067248448X/qid=1126297863

Also, please do not cross-post to other lists.

--
Jared Still
11+ years of trying to appear to know what I'm doing.