Question: 10G Release 1 and Release 2 - LDAP

From: Oliver Staffeldt-Jost <Oliver_Staffeldt-Jost_at_tpsystems.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 08:35:06 -0700

Hi All,

   Newbie here. I am in the throws of proposing an upgrade for 8i to 10G.

One of the developers has some concerns that the second release of 10G uses LDAP and we can not use our name server. I am lost on this one because I don't know anything about LDAP technology.... Can anyone provide some information on what would be involved with using LDAP as opposed to a name server and sqlnet.ora?

We are also considering moving from Forms V.6 to 10G... since 10G is Web based the developers are concerned because they use a lot of DOS commands for document management. Is there a path of least resistance to augmenting this to work on the web <- any insights on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
  Oli