RE: Question: 10G Release 1 and Release 2 - LDAP

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 10:21:10 -0700

Hi Oliver,

Can't help with the second question, but your developer is correct on the first one. Oracle Database 10g does NOT support Name resolution via the Oracle Name Services - this is a real pain! It does support OiD (Oracle internet Directory) for name resolution however. Have a look at Metalink Note:332452.1 and the OID Knowledge base.

Regards,
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)