Re: Oracle 6 software download

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 10:23:22 -0700

Nuno Souto wrote:

> Quoting Marco Gralike <Marco.Gralike_at_AMIS.NL>:
>

>>how to deal with UMB, HIGHMEM, EMM etc, It should be do-able. ;-) ;-) ;-) At
>>least trying would be great fun.

[...]
> Your biggest problem is going to be finding a 5-1/4" diskette drive:
> not made anymore, I think. 486 boxes are dirt easy to find: they are
> still widely used by Linux boffins as firewalls.

Still have a 5.25-inch (dual-sided! high density!) operational floppy drive in one of my workstations, in case I ever want to load up my copy of Windows 1.0 (the one where the windows could only be tiled, not overlapped). Or SCO Xenix 386. Another one in the garage, too, I think. Looks like at lot of this old stuff is still available at EBay if you look.

-Mark Bole