Re: High "global cache blocks lost" statistics on one RAC node

From: fairlie rego <fairlie_r_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 15:22:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Please confirm that the TCP receive and send buffers are the same on both nodes. Is the TCP buffer area the same?

Also run the following on both instances.

SELECT A.INST_ID "INSTANCE", A.VALUE "GC BLOCKS LOST",

B.VALUE "GC CUR BLOCKS SERVED",
C.VALUE "GC CR BLOCKS SERVED",
A.VALUE/(B.VALUE+C.VALUE) RATIO

FROM GV$SYSSTAT A, GV$SYSSTAT B, GV$SYSSTAT C
WHERE A.NAME='global cache blocks lost' AND
      B.NAME='global cache current blocks served' AND
      C.NAME='global cache cr blocks served' and
      B.INST_ID=a.inst_id AND
      C.INST_ID = a.inst_id;

Regards,
Fairlie

"Hameed, Amir" <Amir.Hameed_at_xerox.com> wrote:

I have a two-node RAC running an 11i-ebusiness suite (11.5.9/9.2.0.6 64-bit). I am seeing the following from Statspack:

Inst    Statistic                                             Total     per Second    per Trans
-----   ---------------------------------------- ------------------ -------------- ------------
1.      global cache blocks lost                                 28            0.0          0.0
2.      global cache blocks lost                              4,410            2.7          0.9

We are using three giga-bit private interconnects going through a switch. This does not see like an interconnect issue otherwise, I think, I would have seen a higher number on the 1 node as well.

Any idea what might be causing it?

Thanks
Amir

Fairlie Rego
Senior Oracle Consultant
Optus Telecommunications
www.optus.com.au
Mobile: +61 4 02 792 405
Home: +61 2 8920 0273

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

Do You Yahoo!?