Re: export import Speed up

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 14:37:40 -0500

Vivek,

>We need to move a Big Production Database of 600 GB from Oracle 8.1.7 >on
Solaris 5.6 TO Oracle 9.2 on IBM-AIX using export/import with MIN >Downtime.  Responding to your overall situation, someone recently posted on this list a very clever way to move a large database to a new server with minimum downtime. As I recall, it involved moving the data, then using snapshots to keep the new copy syncronized until you are ready to cut over. Unfortunately I didn't keep a copy of this method. Perhaps someone else on the list kept it.
 Dennis Williams