Re: New database releases - training dev staff

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 08:45:41 -0500

Bob,
 Since new features are typically less stable than the more mature features, and you'll be the one responsible if they base a lot of a new project on some new feature you encouraged them to use, you have to ask yourself, "do you feel lucky, punk?". It may depend on your environment, but in the past I have been a little reluctant to press the developers to plunge into new features.
 I have given as you say, the brown bag sessions to give some overall introduction. If you are invited to early design meetings, that is an opportunity to see what they are up against and then research and propose new Oracle features. You can also use this as leverage to get yourself invited to these meetings. If they view you as an asset they will included you more willingly.
 Dennis Williams