RE: xml->dml ?

From: Christian Antognini <Christian.Antognini_at_trivadis.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:33:05 +0200

Chris

>what i'm actually looking for is an automatic way to generate the
>insert statements from the xsd to use against the xml.

Aha... now I understand why you mentioned the XSD... sorry about my first reply.

AFAIK there's no such tool, at least by Oracle. Part of the statement can be generated, e.g. with an XSLT (that you have to write...), but you would have to add more information to the XSD. In fact the first two columns are not part of the XSD and the datatype (for the to_date) are missing as well. I.e. if your XSD doesn't contain all the necessary, IMHO, a 100% generation is not possible.

HTH
Chris

New Features Oracle Database 10g Release 2 seminars @ www.trivadis.com Italiano: Lugano (24-Nov)
Français: Genève (17-Nov)
Deutsch: Zürich (11-Oct), Hamburg (13-Oct), München (20-Oct), Basel (25-Oct),

         Frankfurt (27-Oct), Bern (8-Nov), Düsseldorf (23-Nov), Stuttgart (13-Dec)