RE: How to identify rollback in progress?

From: Powell, Mark D <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 08:47:36 -0400

I just use the following line against v$transaction to see which transactions are rolling back

,case when bitand(t.flag,power(2,7)) > 0 then 'RB in Progress'

                                         else 'Not Rolling Back'
                                         end as "F Status"

You can use this line with any of your queries against v$transactions without having to refer to an x$ view.
It works on all versions of Oracle from 8.0 to 9.2. I have not tested it on version 10 yet.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Allen, Brandon Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 8:05 PM
To: Jared Still
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: How to identify rollback in progress?

Thanks, but it looks like that one does the same thing as the one you referred me to yesterday
(http://www.ixora.com.au/scripts/sql/9.0/rolling_back.sql), and in fact that script looks suspiciously similar to the script on ixora. I think somebody may have done some borrowing :-)