LVM / DBCA error

From: BERNHARD Nora <nora.bernhard_at_STGKK.sozvers.at>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:49:19 +0200

Hello all,

For a new database on my 10g Linux RAC (on SLES 8) I got assigned several small devices on our IBM Shark storage. To use them properly, I installed LVM in one of the recent versions that support vpath. I easily managed to tie all the devices together in one volume and mounted it on both nodes. Everything ok so far, if I touch a file on one machine it naturally appears on the other one as well, no errors. But as I now try to create a new database on both nodes I receive the following error in DBCA: "The directory "[/oradata2/sid]" is not on cluster file system partition shared across nodes "node1, node2". Hmmm... Google couldn't help me yet - anybody got an idea? And I wonder whether I could get some support on Metalink on this topic?

Thanks a lot!

Nora Bernhard