Re: standby database - missing datafiles

From: The Human Fly <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:26:21 +0300

Thanks Ric,

Well, I have already done with it.

Since my standby_file_management was set auto, I made it back to manual and I renamed the 194 file to the real one and then stop and start the database. Now, everything is back to normal. Of course, I change standby_file_management=auto back in my init file.

Thanks once again.

On 8/31/05, Ric Van Dyke <Ric.Van.Dyke_at_hotsos.com> wrote:
> All you should need to do is add the datafile to the standby manually, then restart the apply (MRP) on the standby. The apply will not work until that datafile is there.
>

> Ric Van Dyke
> Ric.van.Dyke_at_hotsos.com

Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain
OCP 8i & 9i DBA,
Banque Saudi Fransi,
Saudi Arabia
"It is your atittude, not your aptitude that determins your altitude."