Create controlfile for standby database

From: Sami Seerangan <dba.orcl_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 18:20:42 -0400

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96653/create_ps.htm#58008

Oracle document says,
1)Startup
2)Create standby control file.

When we STARTUP the SCN would be increased. This will make inconsistency between the cold backup and the creation of standby controlfile. Isn't it? Or Am I missing something here?

I know we can bring up the datafile header SCN to same as Standby control file SCN by applying archive logs, but rather I can make consistent image between my Backup and Standby controlfile by starting my database in Mount mode.