RE: sapdba and DBMS_REDEFINITION online reorg

From: Hand, Michael T <HANDM_at_polaroid.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:36:41 -0400

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Jared Still

sapdba is deprecated in favor of the br* tools.

That said, I only use those when necessary.

To reorg a table I much prefer to do it myself.

One less layer of 'helpful' software between me and the goal.

But if you really want to use it, it's within the "Create table as" option
under the reorganization menu. Double check the scripts it builds to make sure it's doing what you want and only what you want. I never let them run "unescorted".

Mike

--
This transmission is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain information that is proprietary, confidential and/or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.