RE: multipath on linux/SDD

From: mkb <mkb125_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 06:39:24 -0700 (PDT)

> We did it with suse (SLES8).
>
> Everything worked smoothly.
>
> The problem is with iostat, now.
> The multipathed device show an high I/O (writes)
> while the DB (the only
> things working on that device) is only reading.
>
> Error of iostat + sdd?

Yeah, most likely.

We're running RH AS 3.0 with Dell CX-300 (really an EMC Clarion) with DMP enabled. iostat with the -x option produces garbage results althought without the -x option, results look ok.

I've also seen this with iostat on Solaris attached to EMC Syms. iostat will produce garbage data. The best way to look at disk stats would be to use a SAN disk monitoring tool which the vendor will quite happily sell you.

--
mohammed

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs