Re: Survey: Which Linux desktop would you run a test of Oracle on and why?

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:48:21 -0400

A couple years ago I was once in a hurry to meet a crazy deadline and I actually ponied up the dollars for Suse Enterprise 8. Mostly though, I run whatever version of Suse Professional is current. Right now I'm running 10gR2 on Suse Pro 9.3. There were a few packages I had to install that didn't come by default, and I wasn't able to get ASMLib to go on at all, but Suse and then Oracle went on the box with a minimum of fuss. (The lack of ASMLib, btw, does not completely prevent you from using ASM.)

Best regards,

Jonathan Gennick --- Brighten the corner where you are http://Gennick.com * 906.387.1698 * mailto:jonathan@gennick.com