Re: how to send a fixed-format mail from unix

From: Enrique Fernandez-Pampillon <oracle.pampillon_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 14:45:40 +0200

Hello,

Notes5 have problems with MIME emails (internally it converts HTML code to Notes Rich Text). This problems have been solved in 6 or higher versions.

Another thing, if you want to send an html email you have to add MIME headers:

An example:

#!/usr/bin/posix/sh

(
cat <<!
From:from_at_fromserver.com
To: to_at_toserver.com
Subject: This is the subject of the mail. Date: $(date) Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="_boundarystring"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --_boundarystring

<FONT FACE="Courier New">
12345678901234567890<br>
text line2<br>

</FONT>

--_boundarystring--
!
) | /usr/lib/sendmail -t -n -v

HTH On 7/29/05, Deepak Sharma <sharmakdeep_oracle_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have tried this:
>
> 1) If my file is a.txt, then add
>
> <HTML>
> <FONT FACE="Courier New">
> text line1<BR>
> text line2<BR>
> </FONT>
> </HTML>
>
> 2) Use the command:
>
> uuencode a.txt a.htm | mailx -s "sub" <email>
>
> I get the email as a .htm file and opening it in IE
> still doesn't show in fixed-format.
>
> Thanks,
> Deepak
>

> --- Magni Fabrizio <Fabrizio.Magni_at_rasnet.it> wrote:
>

> > > I am trying to send the output of a sqlplus script
> > > from Unix (using mailx) to Lotus Notes addresses.
> > >
> > > The output looks formatted on Unix, but when
> > opened in
> > > Lotus Notes, the formatting is no longer there.
> > >

> > What options do you specify in your command?
> >
> > Have you tried to add the uuencode command to your
> > script?
> >
> > Fabrizio
> > --

> http://mail.yahoo.com