Re: dataguard / applying archive logs

From: jungwolf <spatenau_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:39:36 -0500

On 7/29/05, David Sharples <davidsharples_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for that.
>
> The RAC part confuses me slightly now. Would we have to issue that
> command 4 times for each thread / sequence number?

No, just for one thread. Effectively the command applies the logs to a point-in-time that goes through the indicated archivelog. It'll apply all the redo entries in all the threads required to make the standby DB consistent. You'll obviously need to test things out to discover the actual detailed behavior and see if it meets your requirements.

Let us know how it works out. It is an interesting scenario.

Thanks,
Steven