Re: Triggers and shared pool

From: A Joshi <ajoshi977_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:41:10 -0700 (PDT)

Yes it uses shared pool like any other PL/SQL. You can look at v$db_object_cache for objects with type = 'TRIGGER'. IF there is not enough memory chunk you would probably get ora-4031. I never heard of this error for a trigger. Yes it would lead to error. At least on 8i. I do not know if 9i behaviour is different. I do not know how shared_pool_reserved_size would work in this case.

Jurijs Velikanovs <j.velikanovs_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Do triggers use shared pool

NO !!!!! Triggers use TRIGGER POOL :)

PS Sorry for that

On 7/29/05, Schauss, Peter
wrote:
> Oracle 8.1.7 (AIX 5.2)
>
> Do triggers use shared pool and, if so, what happens when a trigger is
> supposed to execute but cannot get a large enough block of the
> shared_pool? Does the event which was supposed to execute the trigger
> (e.g. a delete) fail?
>
> Thanks,
> Peter Schauss

Jurijs