Re: Data Guard licensing

From: Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 21:50:10 +0200

Thanks Niall,
much appreciated!

Regards,
Dimitre Radoulov

  You can't use DataGuard in SE, you can do manual standby - the standby has to be licensed according to the terms you agree with Oracle Corp - i.e it isn't subject to the 10 days per year licence terms that are current for DG.

  I have a howto do the standby thing on my site if needed. I don't have a howto for the licensing thing :(

  On 7/18/05, Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com> wrote:     Hi,
    we have 9i (9.2.0.6) Standard Edition and as the alert.log states [:o)] Oracle Data Guard is not available in this edition.     We plan to mount a second instance in standby and setup a custom procedure to apply the redo logs.     As we have to use the standby syntax "alter database create standby controlfile as ... " and "alter database mount standby database" to mount the secondary instance, I was wondering if this is correct regarding the Data Guard licensing? Is it "permitted/authorized to use a SE in this way?

    Cheers,
    Dimitre Radoulov

  --
  Niall Litchfield