RE: How to startup oracle9i without using windows services

From: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 10:55:35 -0400

I don't think this will work. Sqlplus will not work without the services running.

GBA, another way to do this:

When the database is up, do the following:

Net start | more

Look for the name of the Oracle service that is running. It will be something like OracleServiceSID.

>From the Dos prompt, you can:

Net start OracleServiceSID

You can also

Net stop OracleServiceSID.