RE: compile dba_data_files

From: Kirtikumar Deshpande <kedeshpande_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 10:43:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi...

 AFAIK stats on dictionary objects are supported in 10g.

 I would consider rerunning (as sys) the catalog.sql to correct dba_data_files view.

 That is much safer approach, IMHO.

Cheers!

Oracle does supports collecting stats on dict objects

but in your case it looks like that you have some issues withobj$

does you dba_objects works fine ?

better is to do

1)analyze the obj$
2) if it fails then take a 10046 or
3)set a errorstack for 4043

in case obj$ is corrupted then it you need to patch the dict orrestore recover from a good known backup .....

Regards
Shirish

Hi all ,

it's on9.2.0.6.

SQL > desc dba_data_files
ERROR:
ORA-04043:object dba_data_files does not exist

so one of my friend did a

SQL> alter view dba_data_files compile ;

though iterred out saying "unique key violation in OBJ$" , the next time

SQL > desc dba_data_files

worked .

my questionis , can we compile data dictionary views like this ? OR it is to beavoided strictly ? does oracle support this ?

Pleaseadvice.

TIA.
Prem
--