RE: datafile permissions

From: Khemmanivanh, Somckit <somckit.khemmanivanh_at_weyerhaeuser.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 14:28:22 -0700

I don't think you have to do anything at the Oracle level. You're moving from more restrictive to less restrictive anyways...

Thanks!

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of raja rao Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 2:20 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: datafile permissions

Hi All,

Sun OS 2.9
oracle 9i

In what state the datafiles should be when i want to change the OS file permissions
from 600 to 640

chmod 640 *.dbf

I put the tablespace offline. is that enough?, or should i make the datafiles offline withi

alter database datafile 'filename' offline;

I had a fight with my manager. He asked me to put the datafiles offline using alter database.
But Just i put the tablespace offline and did that. Just want to make sure what is
the right way (precautiion to be taken) for this task ?

Thanks in advance,
Raj

Do You Yahoo!?