RE: export not working

From: J. Dex <cemail_219_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 21:50:48 -0400

The export was done by Oracle on an 8174 database and os_authent_prefix was os_authent_prefix = ""

In 9.2.0.6, I want to do an import of that same export file, but I am unable to change os_authent_prefix so part of the import is failing. Got any ideas of a work around to this or am I just trying to do this the wrong way?

SQL> alter system set OS_AUTHENT_PREFIX = "" SCOPE=SPFILE; alter system set OS_AUTHENT_PREFIX = ""

                                     *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01741: illegal zero-length identifier

SQL> alter system set OS_AUTHENT_PREFIX = " " SCOPE=SPFILE; alter system set OS_AUTHENT_PREFIX = " "

                 *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-02095: specified initialization parameter cannot be modified