Identifying source of iowait - is it the DB or the raid array

From: David Turner <dnt9000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:21:58 -0700 (PDT)

Periodically we have a problem with our raid arrays and suddenly iowait shoots up. Does anyone have a method of identifying the source of iowait. I find it hard to tell whether say the cache on a raid array was disabled versus more processes performing table scans. I understand historical tracking but often don't have this info on the databases. Currently working with 9i.

Thx, Dave

Yahoo! Sports
Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com