Re: a really non-technical question, help?

From: <ryan_gaffuri_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 18:00:58 +0000

Oracle licensing seems to vary heavily on a case by case basis. I have met people who got a '20% discount' and thought they got a deal and I met another guy who payed $8,000 for a 4 CPU server which included RAC(not per CPU).

You have to contact them and negotiate. I have heard that Oracle is cutting deals to smaller shops if you negotiate hard and threaten to go to another DB vendor. -------------- Original message --------------