Re: a really non-technical question, help?

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 14:25:21 -0400

Kevin,
 I believe that a standby server for fail over needs to be licensed if it is active more than 10 days a year. Check the Oracle site and your rep to be sure. Ron

>>> "Kevin Closson" <kevinc_at_polyserve.com> 06/21/05 1:44 PM >>>

sorry, folks, but I though as many production DBAs as are on this list, I might be able to get an answer to this question. What I need to know is how Oracle licensing works on a hot-standby (e.g., a VCS failover node).

In this case I'm thinking that the failover node will never be running oracle *unless* the primary is dead. Seems like a single system worht of CPUs to license in my mind...any feedback ?