Backing up ONLINE redo logs -- select?

From: J. Dex <cemail_219_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 14:30:07 -0400

As part of a hot backup script for an Oracle 8.1.7 database, I've been asked to backup the archive logs AND the online redo logs. How would you backup the ONLINE redo logs?

The current script which I was asked to alter gathers the data, puts it into a table and then spools out the actual script that will run. Below is the statement it runs for the archivelogs, but I need to know what to do for the ONLINE redo logs. What should the select statement for online redo logs look like?

insert into hot_backup_script (select '!cp '||name||' $BACKUPS/archivelog' from v$archived_log);