How to register a new node to the 9i2 RAC

From: Hameed, Amir <Amir.Hameed_at_xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 12:55:29 -0400

Hi,
I have a two-node RAC environment running on Oracle 9.2.0.6 (64-bit), Solaris 8 with Veritas "DBE/AC for Oracle 9i RAC 3.5". ORACLE_HOME is on a shared CFS. We have just added a third node to the cluster. The node is visible from all the nodes. "lsnodes" also display all the nodes. I have not been able to find a procedure to register the node with Oracle. I am using OUI version 10.1.0.3. The addNode.sh script that comes with this version of OUI apparently only works with 10G ORACLE software and not with 9i2. Does anyone know how to register an additional node with an existing RAC environment ?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Amir