RE: polyserve and oracle 10g

From: Marquez, Chris <cmarquez_at_collegeboard.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 12:02:57 -0400

Haroon,

I have used OCFS.
It is little slow, and took a lot of probably unfair abuse ( from me) when really many of our issues *might* be hardware related. Still OCFS is not the best, but worth the price we paid for it. I *think* and believe that Polyserve is the best and clear leader in the Oracle-RAC-Linux space. I would love to have tried it and talk to some (on this list) who have.

Below are some of my personal notes and comment during our initial RAC config/test and links...not much here. 1.) I personally would not use/trust the RH or VERITAS option, only because they seem new...and I don't like *new* with RAC! 2.) email Polyserve directly...trust me...the know if they are certified with Oracle or not...open a TAR too...do both and you eventually get a final answer?

hth

PS All my stuff is 9i...never used RAC and 10g.

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA

Global Cluster Filesystem-GFS, Cluster Filesystem-CF;

>>Wouldn't looking at another alternative of OCFS meaning products like Redhat Global Filesystem
Yes, and RAW is an alternative.
Other Global Cluster Filesystem-GFS, Cluster Filesystem-CF;

RAW is;

* Has not additional cost to us.
* Is support by Oracle and for many, many years the only options for OPS/RAC.
* Been used by Oracle OPS/RAC for 7+ years.
* Administratively more challenging...you have to be diligent in space administration when using RAW...not for the lazy!

Global Cluster Filesystem-GFS, Cluster Filesystem-CF is;

* (Other than OCFS) An additional expenses.
* (Other than OCFS) something we/I have no experiences with.
* "Might" not support by Oracle (this is critical).