Re: Oracle RAC cost justification?

From: rjamya <rjamya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 08:54:38 -0400

We do and I can tell you, if implemeted correctly, it works fine. Hundreds of our users who rely on split-second response times do not even know if their application gets moved from one node to another. Might be because for such critical sessions we do pre-connects. but yes, it works. For applications it is usually few seconds when they get errors and have to connect again.
Raj

On 6/2/05, David <thump_at_cosmiccooler.org> wrote:

> Who is using TAF here?
> Does it work seamlessy or transparantly? No issues?
> If you lose a node/instance, what happens next? Is there any impact on
> the others heads in terms of smon/eviction? How long does it take to get
> the application to start hitting an instance an another node?

select standard_disclaimer from company_requirements where category = 'MANDATORY';