Re: Materialized Views query without refresh?

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 10:28:43 -0700

While doing so, you might also include the topic of query re-write, if in a data warehouse environment.

In other words, to the statement "Querying the materialized view has nothing to do with the refresh", I would add: if a materialized view is stale, it won't be used for query re-write. (unless you use something like "QUERY_REWRITE_INTEGRITY=stale_tolerated" -- there's a lot more info in the Data Warehousing Guide).

-Mark Bole